Stigma Reduction – (Community mobilization- workshops and dialogues)
- Increased knowledge about the experience of LGBTI in school, workplace, families and communities.
- Increased knowledge About men sleeping with men (MSM) and women sleeping with women (WSW)
- Increase knowledge about the misconceptions and health risks of WSW and MSM.
- Increase knowledge about WSW and MSM and LGBTI and HIV statistics and what do they mean to these groups
- Increase awareness on some of the Gender-Based Violence associated with the risks.
- Increase awareness in education on the outlook of HIV stigma, from the human right perspective.
- Increased knowledge of Sexual Reproductive Health Rights of young women and girls
HIV Testing and Services
- Increase knowledge about HIV, TB, and STIs and their prevention
- To increase referral for TB screening, this will shift norms and enable communities to tackle the issues most relevant to HIV prevention at the local level.
Mobilisers will mobilize on:
- HIV, TB, and STI prevention
- Community Mapping and referrals
- Community engagement (including door- to- door)
- PMCTC and VMMC
- Community dialogues conducted hold discussion and convene events.
Orphan and Vulnerable Children
- To offer psychological support and care to Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC).
- To recruit, screen, train and supervise caregivers who will maintain daily contact with child-headed household
- To ensure access to appropriate education for all children and youth involved in the program.
- To involve children and caregivers/volunteers in economic empowerment programs to enable them to become self-sustainable.
After School/Homework Programme
- To provide academic support through homework and tutoring to learners. To enables these learners to access quality post-school.
- Community gardening
- School Gardening
Linkage to Care
- Increased community access to HIV Testing Services and Linkage to Care
- Supported the ART Programme in achieving a 90% Adherence Rate
- Minimise the Lost to Follow-up Rate through Tracing and Retention in Care interventions i.e. Home Visits